This is a beautiful, detached oast house, recently converted, furnished to a high standard and set in a stunning location. You will find yourself tucked away from it all down a private drive, within the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the Sussex/Kent border.
Located within the grounds of a 50 acre estate, the oast has its own private, spacious and lawned garden overlooking the surrounding fields and paddocks. When the sun is shining, enjoy an afternoon on the terrace, perfect for a barbecue with family or friends while taking in the peace and tranquillity surrounding you. There is an abundance of wildlife so try and spot any number of animals including deer, foxes, badger, barn owls or kingfishers. Alternatively, curl up on the sofa in front of the log burner with a glass of wine and a good book as the sun goes down.
You will find two country pubs, both full of character, serving lovely local food, wines and beer and within walking distance. There is The Bull in the hamlet of Three Leg Cross or The Bell in the village of Ticehurst where you will also find a pop up fishmongers on Saturdays. This village also boasts a general store, Post Office, artisan bakery, greengrocer, cafe and art gallery.
The house is perfectly located to walk by footpath to Bewl Water, the largest lake in the south-east of England. Here you will discover a 13 mile circular path with beautiful waterside walks and a variety of birdlife. You can even cycle or ride around the perimeter in the summer months. In addition why not spend the day sailing, windsurfing, rowing, canoeing or fishing on the lake.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms, each with their own bathroom. (A circular master bedroom).
- Wood burning stove.
- Fully enclosed, lawned garden with with a south west facing terrace.
- Parking for three vehicles.
- Sorry, no pets.
- A fenced off pond is in close proximity (please ensure children are supervised).
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Wooden floors.
- Gas hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Flatscreen HD Freeview TV, DVD player, iPod dock.
- Telephone with honesty box.
- Travel cot, high chair and stairgate available on request.
- Wooden garden furniture and barbecue.
- Trains run from here to London in one hour.
- Wadhurst station is served by a bus running through to Ticehurst, so no need for a car.
A beautiful detached oast house with two bedrooms and two bathrooms situated within easy reach of local amenities in a very quiet yet accessible location close to Bewl Water and Bedgebury Forest. The property has its own private garden and overlooks surrounding fields and paddocks.